Monday, August 31, 2009

california

Here are our California pictures as promised. Ryder was perfect on the ride down there and on the way back. It's a good thing cause the 12 hour car ride probably wouldn't have been too pleasant if he hadn't been. We stayed at a way nice place in Palm Springs. We did some traveling around while we were there. I'm really glad we did because it was WAY hot where we were staying. I think it even got up to 109 while we were there.


When we were in Palm Springs we did a lot of swimming. Hannah, Chase and I even spent a day at a water park while my Mom stayed with Ryder. It was a ton of fun. One of the nights, we went to the street fair that's on one of the old streets in town. It didn't quite compare to the farmers market here is Salt Lake, but it was decent. The main reason that the girls wanted to go was to get some henna. Hannah got it on her hand and my Mom and I got it on our feet.

We were pretty hungry after, so we went to Ruby's diner. So YUMMY! They had the best strawberry shakes and fried zucchini. On our way out of the restaurant, Hannah and Chase had to try for a free Root beer Float. Of course they got one! We were so stuffed that we only had a few bites of it and then threw it away.
Sea World was a lot of fun. Ryder stayed awake the whole day and for all of the shows until Shamoo. Can you believe that?! Poor guy missed the best part of the day. And is it just us or is that the cheesiest show ever? Don't get me wrong. It was way cool to see, but they were just way too over the top. Chase and I were laughing through a majority of the show just because of the trainers.

Of course we had to go to the beach. How could we be that close and not go? We didn't spent too much time in the water. It was seriously disgusting. I have never seen so much seaweed. Yuck. It was all over the beach and all over in the water. There was no escaping it. So we just hung out on the beach for most of the time.

I forgot about how when you are on the beach, you get sand all over everything. Poor baby took a nap, and when he woke up, he had sand all over his face. I tried to get it off with a wet wipe but that didn't work at all. We took him to the car to feed him before we left, as I was feeding him he had a HUGE blowout! It got on everything! I tried to wash him off with a water bottle and some baby soap I had in my diaper bag. I got him all clean off and put clean cloths on him and as I was about to put him in his seat so we can leave, he spit up all over! On his clean cloths, on me... At some point you just have to give up, and this was it for me! So we got him buckled and headed out to go find something to eat. When we got the restaurant, I realized that I was missing one of my shoes. As I was giving Ryder his water bottle bath, I got water on my feet so I took my shoes off. Apparently when we left, I only grabbed one of them. Brilliant. I had to walk around the rest of the day with only one shoe on.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

asher I love you so much! You are so cute and I just love your blog. I can just picture you giving up and then having to walk around with one shoe. hahaha Sounds like an eventful trip! You're still the best mom ever! Glad to hear all is well with the cutest little Winegar fam!