Well, I faced my fear of traveling with a baby! With as bad as Ryder has been in the car, I was really not looking forward to a long car ride. Sometimes the 20 minute drive out to my parents house is pure torture. Our child can really scream! It was Monday and Chase and I were at the gym with our good friend Shane. They have been talking about going to Kanab since the beginning of the summer, and decided that it was time to go. I was walking the track upstairs with Ryder and when I came down they told me that they wanted to go that weekend. Great! Every time we would talk about going I told them that they needed to make sure that we planned it in advance so that I could have my sister go with us so that she could help me with Ryder. She has 3 jobs and works just about every day so I needed to give her time to get work off or get people to cover her shifts for her. Apparently they thought telling me at the beginning of the week was giving me enough notice. ha. Well, I called Hannah and luckily she was able to get her work schedule taken care of. Good thing, I would have died without her. That night after I had talked to Hannah and we had gotten our trip planned out, I started to freak out. Ryder was having a hard night and I was nervous that our weekend in Kanab was going to be anything but fun or relaxing. I thought about all the things that I wanted to take for Ryder. His bath tub- it's part of his nightly routine to take a bath before he goes to bed, and I didn't want to screw that up. His swing- sometimes it's the only way he will take a nap during the day, and a tired Ryder = an unhappy baby, mommy and anyone else who is around. His pack and play- He needed a place to sleep. And these were just all of the big things. Of course we had to have all of his clothes, blankets etc. How were we going to get all of these things plus what the four adults needed to pack and the boys fishing stuff and guns in the car. Oh yeah, and we were taking food down there so that we didn't need to drive into town to do shopping. It seemed impossible. Luckily I have really nice Grandparents who were willing to trade us vehicles for the weekend. Their van for our car. It worked out perfectly. There really would have been no way we could have done it in the car. We had the van packed full! Everything turned out great, and we had a good time. Ryder did really well on the drive there and back!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! So glad you went on a little vaca! Sounds awesome! I'm so glad Hannah went to help out! That's what we auntie's are best for! Love you asher, you look stunning as always!
Post a Comment