Ryder got to meet Santa for the first time last Sunday at a family party. When Ryder was invited to come and sit on his lap, the following went down...
Ryder: (looking right into Santa's eyes.) Elmo.
Santa: Oh, you want Elmo!
Ryder: Elmo.
Santa: What else do you want?
Ryder: Toast.
And that's his Christmas wish list. Elmo & Toast. He's easy enough. I wish all of my Christmas shopping was this easy.
Our DVD player in our house has been broken for a while now. It was only playing in black and white. (Kid shows just aren't the same in black and white.) Lucky us, Chase is great at fixing things like that. He took it apart last night and found the loose connection that was causing the problem. Now if we can just get Ryder to stop pulling the DVD player out of entertainment center and dropping it on the floor! Before we got it fixed, Ryder had been watching Elmo in Grouchland, in black and white of course, and we had to go run some errands. He was enjoying his show so much that I decided to bring it in the car with us. I was pulling out of the driveway when the movie had finally loaded.
Ryder: Elmo's red!
Mom: laughing my head off.
Ryder: YEAH!
He was so excited! He kept telling me all the colors he was seeing. Only a kid who has had to watch his favorite show in black in white would get this excited about finally getting to see it in color again.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, I can just hear his little voice, "Ehmo." haha I love it! We miss you guys. Can we play before we leave for Vegas next Wed?
hahaha, oh my gosh this is so funny. I love that he wants toast...I am dying.
That's awesome! At least you know for sure he's NOT colorblind. :)
I love this story. He is the cutest!
Post a Comment