Ryder has a few favorite breakfast foods.
cereal
toast
&
cereal
toast
&
oateal.
We don't do oatmeal very often. Can you tell why? He usually wants to feed himself which turns into a huge mess. It's not uncommon for him to take a handful and rub it in his hair, or he squishes it in between his hands like it's soap and he's washing his hands with it.


.side story.
A couple of weeks ago, Ryder was having a bowl of cereal, I was trying to be productive while he was eating and was doing the dishes from the night before. He was doing so well. He wasn't making a mess. Most of the cereal was ending up in his mouth and not in his lap or on the tray. He hadn't even used his hands to eat yet. I was so proud, thinking he was really getting the hang of feeding himself.
I had just loaded the last dish in the dishwasher when I looked over and saw that Ryder had taken his half full bowl of rice checks and milk and put it on his head and was wearing it like a hat. Milk and soggy rice checks were dripping down his face. He had the biggest, proudest grin on his face that screamed "look mom, a hat!". I couldn't help but just laugh at him. He is one funny boy.
I had just loaded the last dish in the dishwasher when I looked over and saw that Ryder had taken his half full bowl of rice checks and milk and put it on his head and was wearing it like a hat. Milk and soggy rice checks were dripping down his face. He had the biggest, proudest grin on his face that screamed "look mom, a hat!". I couldn't help but just laugh at him. He is one funny boy.
3 comments:
haha love him!!
Gotta love it! I give Addy oatmeal and fruit most mornings for breakfast and she usually ends up looking just like that. I have resorted to stripping her down to the diaper at all feedings so I don't have to change her clothes every time she eats because I serioulsy would have to. Miss you guys. Hope you are well.
So cute! What else would you want him to do with that bowl and oatmeal? :)
Post a Comment