Wednesday, March 10, 2010

sick again.

Poor Ryder has been sick for over a month! That's no joke. He has had a runny, stuffy nose, a cough, horribly dry skin... I feel so bad for him. And if I'm being honest, for myself and for Chase. Having a sick baby is not an easy thing. Since he hasn't been feeling well, he hasn't been sleeping very well. By "very well," I mean horrible! I feel like my 11 month old should be able to sleep though the night. Guess not. There are nights that he wakes up 3 or 4 times crying. It's like having a newborn all over again, except he doesn't take 10 naps during the day. I've tried letting him cry for a while to see if he will fall back asleep, but that doesn't seem to work for him. He just gets himself more and more worked up. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love sharing a room with a baby? It's great.)

Last night my lack of sleep had finally caught up with me. I could have gone to bed at 7:00, and really wanted to. Of course that isn't how it happened though, I was up until 10:30 on my computer checking blogs. (I have a serious problem. Time can just get away from me.) I finally crawled into bed at around 11:00. At 11:30 Ryder woke up. I let him cry for a while and luckily he fell back asleep. It's a good thing. I'm afraid I may have had a nervous break down if he didn't. I was at the end of my rope. Well lucky me... Ryder slept the whole night. (except that 15 min.) We didn't get up until 8:30 this morning! I was so happy I could have cried. Sleeping all night is wonderful. I'm really hoping that it continues to happen. I love my sleep. I think it will. It should.. After Ryder's third round of antibiotics, he's finally starting to feel better. He can actually breath through his nose!

I couldn't post without including a picture, so here's our little dear with Eucerin on his face. It's the only thing that helps his dry skin.

4 comments:

barbwinegar622 said...

I love this little guy!! Thanks for being so patient with him:)

thejess's said...

coot little boy! love him!

Laura said...

MAJOR mommy points for taking care of this poor little guy while he's been sick for so long. Good job! And I also hope the sleeping through the night thing sticks!

jas and aubs said...

Look on the bright side... He's the cutest sick little guy ever!! Next time your in the sandy give me a jingle!! It was good to see you and your folks at Frogurt, gotta love that place. Gotta love your folks!! xoxo